Saturday 4 January 2014

Urrgh

Thursday 2nd of January
After eating lunch at home with my Mum post 2nd chemo, I was really impressed that I had not resorted to the duvet cover and more surprised that I was actually feeling really hungry.

Unfortunately I then spend most of the evening through to the early/late hours of the morning taking additional anti sickness tablets and Gaviscon and feeling like I wanted to vomit my insides OUT. My Hubster looked after me all night and I felt so bad for him going to work on a couple hours sleep.

Last night after having a temperature of 37.4 all day and feeling as cold as a frozen popsicle,  I went to bed at 20:00 and experienced the most erratic heart palpitations and sweated through two vest tops throughout the night, which prompted me to strip everything off the bed and myself this morning.

Saturday 4th of January
I initially woke up at 6:45 to remove the immune injection from the fridge, which is injected into the stomach at 7am and to take 1 anti sickness tablet, I then managed to sleep until 10:30am and took my second dose of a different anti-sickness tablet x 2 with two ginger biscuits (as the second tablets need to be taken with or after food).

I had a fried egg on toast for breakfast with a wheatgrass shot
A small slice of cottage pie with spinach for lunch/dinner
A Blueberry smoothie

I had an appointment for Acupuncture at 14:45 but after a ten minute consultation was postponed as my heart palpitations/blood pressure is too high and was advised to go home and rest and drink plenty of water and to return again next Tuesday, when the acupuncture can counter-balance the further side effects.

16:30 - x 2 more anti-sickness tablets 

My scalp is very tender and it feels like my hair has been in a high ponytail - the Croydon facelift - if I had some hair of course.




Chemotherapy uses anti-cancer drugs to destroy cancer cells. The drugs work by attacking the cancer cells and disrupting their growth. Unfortunately, they can also affect the normal cells in the body, including the cells of the hair follicles (Macmillan)

Daniel Field http://danielfield.net/cancer-care/ has an informative guide designed to support those who have decided to undergo chemotherapy, before during and afterward.


Hair diary 

My hair is lifting out of the hair follicles and is thinning by the day. I'll be glad when its all lifted out and then I can give it a good buff and shine :)

However I'm feeling much better post chemo #2 than I did #1 - I hope I haven't spoken too soon.

Sunday 5th of January 


Oh , what a difference a day makes.

Quote of the Day:
You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf 
Joseph Goldstein

No comments:

Post a Comment