Friday 29 November 2013

Wednesday 16th of October Fertility Clinic followed by Isotape Scan

9:30am
The Royal Shrewsbury Hospital
Fertility Services

Bloods taken x4 vials
Scans
Injection of Centrorelix

Gwen, the most fabulous Fertility Nurse, administered my first stabbing of Centrorelix.  I brought it in from home after having all my fertility drugs delivered and one particular box being housed securely in the fridge for later use. My husband will be administering this subcutaneously as I can't bring myself to do it.

Link to Administration of a subcutaneous injection:

http://www.gloshospitals.org.uk/SharePoint5/Patient%20Information%20Leaflets/GHPI0898.pdf

12:15
The Princess Royal Hospital, Telford
X-Ray Department

Nuclear Isotope Scan/Sentinel Node Imaging
CT Scan

My appointment letter read " The examination will involve you receiving a small injection of a radioisotope followed by some pictures"

Sentinel Node Imaging is carried out on the day or on the morning of your operation

A small amount of radioactive material is injected into the breast at the edge of the peri-areolar tissue, which is the darker skin around the nipple. The material is carried into the armpit by the lymph vessels and trapped in the sentinel node(s) which can then be seen on a scan after a short time delay. The scan shows where the sentinel node is located and not whether it contains tumour cells or not.

For me personally this injection stung like hell but was bearable, however I'm not sure the nurse holding my hand would agree. The nurse manipulated the material by rubbing the area of the injection site.

No comments:

Post a Comment