Friday 29 November 2013

Monday 16th of September - Emergency GP appointment

Monday 16th of September

I called the GP practice at 8am and explained to the secretary that I had found a lump and although I was sure it was nothing, I would like someone to have a look at it.

I had previously been heavily chastised by a GP six months previous when I had attended the walk in clinic. I happened to mention it  to my sister on a Friday night catch up over beverages that I had found a lump in my left breast and I was a bit worried about it and she promptly drove me and waited three hours with me on a Saturday morning.

So I was really impressed that the secretary offered an appointment that very morning and then I tried to contact work to explain that although I had just had two weeks off work enjoying my holibobs, I would be in later than expected due to an emergency appointment.

The GP said she thought it was a cyst but would refer me to the breast clinic. She explained that the waiting time for the appointment was two weeks, she mentioned something about a needle and draining ........... and off I went.......

No comments:

Post a Comment