Friday 29 November 2013

National Breast Cancer Awareness Month - October

Monday 1st of October

Ironically today is the start of National Breast Cancer Awareness Month.
I'm on a mission to get everyone I know to have a feel of their lovely jubbly wibbly wobby bits.
Spread the word




Went into work
tried to keep it together
didn't keep it together 
managed to keep it together, long enough to write a letter, a couple of emails and hand over my caseload
lost the plot
kept it together
lost the plot some more
cried some more
Pulled myself together
and eventually took myself home

Like those before me and those to come, only you can fathom the magnitude of those words and what the future holds. 

I think the recent Macmillan advert typifies (if that is the right word to use) how I felt when I was diagnosed and the impact it had on my Husband, Sister, Mum and Dad. 

Being told down the telephone that your wife, daughter and sister has breast cancer can not be easy and I can't even imagine what went through their minds in that very moment.

More information can be found at Macmillan.org

or watch the campaign on Youtube 

Macmillan Cancer Support - Not Alone




No comments:

Post a Comment