Tuesday 22 April 2014

Look Good Feel Better





I have the most fabtabulous make up goody bag from my afternoon workshop at The Hamar Centre and I am a very proud owner of a Chanel lipgloss!




The Look Good Feel Better workshop lasts for 2 hours and you follow a trained Macmillan beautician in the art of applying make up with 9 other women all affected by cancer and hair loss. Some with eyelashes, eyebrows and hair and some without. An assortment of women in hats and wigs. I am wearing my cotton jersey hat again because .......


My goody bag: Nivea, Chanel, No 7, Clinique, Estee Lauder, Max Factor














My head this week has been really aching and as I know when I initially lost my hair, it is from the chemotherapy drugs affecting the hair follicles. The hairs are lifting out of my scalp and so some hairs appear quite long, when in fact they are on there way out! I've also lost the end of my eyebrows again. BUT I am happy in that I know how fast my hair grows.

Because I had a delayed cycle and 4 weeks behind schedule, my body has been tricked into thinking my treatment has finished - so my 6th cycle is almost like my second cycle and it was between cycle 1 and cycle 2 that I had a very sore and hot head and suffered the main hair loss.

I would highly recommend the LGFB workshop and to secure a place asap. I booked 2 weeks before Christmas! They also have a cancellation list. I had been contacted twice previously due to people cancelling, but first time was on the wrong week (where I need to avoid people and germs)and the second time I was an inpatient in hospital :(
However it was worth the wait :)



Benefit Perfume (Excited MUCH)
























I have used cleanser, toner, moisturiser, blemish cream, colour corrector, eyeshadow, eyeliner and lipgloss.

Here is my selfie.























Had a phone call this morning from the Lingen Davies Centre. I have been called in for a CT scan, where drugs are flushed through a cannular that makes you feel like you've wet yourself (I double check everytime)and a NHS tattoo booked for 9am on Thursday. Someone said the tattoo looks like a blackhead!

No comments:

Post a Comment